Chaos has announced the release of V-Ray 5.1 for Maya and Houdini which includes initial USD support in Maya and Houdini and beta Hydra support in Houdini. Other features include:
- V-Ray Material Library
- Masks in the V-Ray Frame Buffer
- Fog transparency color
- Improved translucent materials
- Improved GPU rendering
- Intel® Open Image Denoise
- Artist-friendly caustics
- Fast rendering of cutouts which involves converting opacity-mapped cutouts of objects like tree leaves into geometry for much faster rendering.
- The Coat and Sheen layers of the V-Ray Material are now visible in the viewport. An initial representation of the VRayLayeredTex is visible in viewport as well.
- V-Ray scene material importer
Find out more about what’s new on the Chaos blog.